Part of the healing process in the 12 step program is admission.
I hate spiders. I can spot a spider in this house a mile away. Or at least clear across the living room, into the kitchen, on the wall above the cupboards, in the corner behind my canning jars. My eyesight is incredibly poor too. I have like, 20/200 eyesight ~ so I'm just saying that when it comes to spotting a spider I get all 20/20 in about 2.2 seconds!
Let's go ahead and clarify: I detest large, furry, fast running, thick legged, beady eyed, hairy spiders.
That is one of the drawbacks of living in the country. They multiply like, well, like spiders! There are egg sacs everywhere. They are in the garage, in the basement, outside on the siding, on door jams... I can not escape them.
The season has commenced. Once in a while there will be the standard little house spider. That doesn't bother me so much. However, it's these critters that give me shivers and cause me to have an anaphylactic reaction:
That is what crawls around in my house waiting to JUMP out at me. Oh, and don't mind the cheese stick wrapper and old band aid on the game box. I probably should have photoshopped it out, but you know ~ keeping it real...
I was picking up laundry that was lying on the floor of the laundry room and what do ya know ~ out runs a spider. Very similar to this one. Zach and Josh were playing ping pong in the basement and I was in my bedroom reading. I was on the second story and they were in the basement and I heard this scream like it was right outside my bedroom door. There was a spider that had been festering and growing in our basement and it decided to crawl down the wall to lurk by Zach. The scream came from Josh and they both came running. I couldn't go down to look. Josh had to work up the nerve to kill it, and it was likened in size to the spider in Lord of The Rings. All I saw was the smashed up bits that remained on the wall. Now THAT was nasty!
If you hear some sort of unnatural screaming in the wee hours of the night, you'll know where it came from. I'm not about to save a spider. If they make it into my house, then they are fair game!
And they are starting to pop out! All I can see in my mind is Sanford & Son, "Elizabeth, I'm coming to join ya!"
Tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment