Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

You know, I had no good introduction for this post.  In fact, I have no words except prayers for a family that lost their sweet and precious boy!  They, like so many, have battled childhood cancer and fought the good fight.  As a mother, my heart is broken for them.  My heart cries out to my God to ease the pain they now must go through.  The painful road they have been walking!

I was linked to this site when a friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer in early 2000.  She had a caringbridge website where people could be kept updated on her progress and needs.  Caringbridge is truly a wonderful site for people with chronic or terminal illness.  It is free and there is community.

Her site became a launching spot to praying for others that were suffering and battling cancer!  The fight was on and the battle was tough.

Some lost the battle here on earth and others found remission. 

Through these pages I found myself drawn into the lives of total strangers and praying for them.  That was the least I could do, even if I was not close enough to give a helping hand.

I have rejoiced with some that are now living the dream of life after cancer!  Living life to the fullest and appreciating and savoring the small things in life.  Waking up to see the new leaves on trees, flowers popping out of the ground, birthdays, babies born, graduations...  All the things in life we sometimes take for granted are savored anew when you are an overcomer!

I am so sad to tell you of a family that didn't have that outcome of a long life.  I am truly so sad for this family as they now pick up the pieces and try to live life without their precious boy!  A boy that I have never met, yet through his mothers poignant writing, I have been drawn into their lives.

If you have a moment, pray for the family as they move forward without sweet Jack.  Pray for his sweet sister that now has to live without her only sibling.  Pray that they find peace in knowing God cares for them and that he desires to have their pain.

Drop in and leave them a note of encouragement as they prepare for a celebration service of Jack's life!  Any thoughtful word will lift them up!  As you read about this little guy's life, you will see that he was quite a spunky, loving boy that will be missed on earth!

Take a moment to reflect on the good you have.  I know I will.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/campjack


Here is another site for a young man that has relapsed. 
They could use a word of encouragement too.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/prayforwilliam

Blessings to you, my friends
Tammy

No comments: