So I am about to toss out the dirty laundry in our home.
I wake up in the morning with grody breath. I don't particularly smell it myself, but I'm sure that Rodger does. I mean, I don't try to singe his eyebrows or anything, but I'm sure that no matter the amount of toothpaste or mouthwash I use, I still come up smelling less than, shall we say rosy.
So now that we have me out of the way, let's go ahead and look at what I get in the morning. I married Sonic the Hedgehog. For those of you from the early 90's and who loved you some video gaming that included Sonic the Hedgehog, you can drag up from the memory bank his stellar hair. Trademark, really.
Well, for years I have referred to my darling husband as Sonic. You see, the cross we must bear is that he looks like this in the mornings:
Do you see the fine hairs on the back of the head? And this my friends was what he looked like going to the farmers market. Do you know what the farmers market is in our little town? SOCIAL HOUR!!!! Everybody comes to the farmers market. I mean, we were at the football game last night and the ENTIRE village was at the football game. There was barely a blade of grass to park our feet because of so many people. So we are going into town to pick up Rodger's chainsaw blades and to grab some zucchini because we had a ground hog dig into our lower property garden and help him/her self. But I digress. This is not about my failed garden, it is all about hair. And my love, Sonic.
As we are trolling down the road I happened to look over at Rodger and that wild hair was what I saw. I immediately proclaimed that he was going into public unshowered, unshaved, and with wild hair. Sonic was in the hood, y'all!
So I immediately started laughing and thanking him for the large helping of blog fodder. As I was trying to get pictures he started to swerve all over the road. Apparently he didn't want anyone to "know" what his hair looks like when he rolls out of bed...
Try not to be to jealous. I did get him to stop picking lint out of his belly button while we happened to visit finer dining establishments, so now I'm left with hair. At least that can be fixed. I'll just sneak up on him and toss water on his head. I just need to remember to do it before we are already driving down the road.


No comments:
Post a Comment